Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Sweetest Voice

The Sweetest Voice

The radio plays,
Dolly Parton is on.
I don't often put on
Country music,
But sometimes it helps
my soul, especially
when I'm down.
She's singing She's An Eagle When She Flies.
And I continue my house cleaning,
giving each of the kids directions
on where to put what and what to throw away.
Then my ears, they hear
a sound so sweet,
I catch my breath
and my eyes meet with
the clear blues of
my youngest daughter.
She's picked up
the microphone, attached
to the radio.
Bless her heart
she doesn't know the words,
but that voice of hers-
Its beautiful.
She's only two.

Sweetie, I think Dolly would be proud.

For those of you who may not know who Dolly is, here is a video of her singing She's an Eagle When She Flies

5 comments:

Brosreview said...

Oh yes, I can imagine the sweetness and the innocence in that voice. Simple and good!

Shadow said...

now that's an 'in the moment' poem. simply lovely!

Double-Dolphin said...

Awwwwww!!! Very touching!!!

Lyn said...

This poem is lovely..so heartfelt..thank you!!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Brosreview,
Yes, it was good to hear. I'm glad you could imagine it.

Shadow,
Yes it was lovely! Made my day in all that chaos the weekend seemed to be for me.

Double-Dolphin,
I thought so too.

Lyn,
I'm glad you liked it!