Friday, September 25, 2009

Straining to See the Sushine today...

Here's to hoping the weekend will be better.

You see, earlier this week I lost my work keys...AGAIN. Frustrated I was (on top of mother nature's monthly call). So, most of the week I go without my keys, worry about where they could possibly be and then yesterday after work- my boss calls me. He found my keys.

"Really? Where? " I'm estatic that he's found them. I don't have to argue with the post office for a new key! I didn't lose my written works AGAIN!

"In the bathroom wastebasket." he says.

Wait. Stop. In the trash? OMG! Its a good thing I'm on the phone or else he'd have seen the reaction on my face. My brain has quickly put two and two together-mother nature's leftovers and my keys being rescued from that mess by my boss. **SIGH** I believe that is the most embarrassment I've had in a long time, now the question is how in the HELL did my keys get into that trash can in the first place???

So, I survived yesterday only to have today be much more inconvenient and costly. I woke, got the kids dressed and ready to go, headed out the door and what do I find?

My van has a flat tire. Not just a little bit low and needs a bit of air. NO. Its flatter than a pancake sitting on its rim. There was no way to drive it anywhere. What to do? How do I plan on paying for this to be fixed?

I run over to the neighbor's house (its my boss's house) talk to his wife and she kindly allows me to borrow the her car. So I get the kids loaded in, take them each to where they needed to be and then I returned her car back to her.

I then strapped my laptop on me and walked to work.

I can only hope the weekend will get better. Somedays, I really do just want to cry. I know the saying goes, "When it rains, it pours." but can I at least have a rainbow with it?

8 comments:

Marion said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and becoming a follower! And I'm sorry you had such a rough week. They say these things come in threes, so you're good for a while...I'm a bit superstitious being from Louisiana.

First I must share with you my best friend, St. Anthony. You don't have to be Catholic for him to help you, so don't worry if you're not. "Tony" as I call him (we're on a first name basis) is the patron saint of lost things. I lose things daily...no, hourly. When you've given up your search for the lost item just pray this prayer:

"St. Anthony, St. Anthony, look around. I've lost my ________ and it must be found." (Just fill in the blank with whatever you misplaced or lost.)

It sounds bizarre, I know, but I've never prayed to St. Anthony EVER in years that I didn't find my lost item within 24 hours, usually much quicker. My husband laughed at me because I went into a Catholic store and bought me a St. Anthony medal for a necklace and have made him my personal patron saint.

Also, if you feel like crying, then have a good one in the shower. Since my two daughters are grown, I can cry any old where, but I spent many a morning crying in the shower. It's good for the soul... Wishing you a better weekend! Blessings!!

Triana said...

Awww honeyz, I would make it betterz if I could! My day wasn't too bad other than I just couldn't wake myself up. TGIF for sure.

Spaghetti Fields said...

I was in a horrible mood yesterday and I pondered if my crankiness was a side effect of my new migraine medicine. She reminded me that crankiness is a side effect of being a woman. It sucks, but hang in there. :)

Shadow said...

of course you can have a rainbow with that! here's to a smooooooth weekend!

Rikkij said...

April-Car I bought with money I don't have two months ago went kerplunk in dat der transmissiony thingamabob. Dealer says, "well, we'll maybe pay for half the repair" yadda yadda yadda. They give me a little white car to use in mean time. At Wal-mart, it won't start. Key won't turn. I yank on wheel-bang on dash as shoppers watch. Oh, wrong car. so sorry. *sigh* I get out and search for the one I should be in. Be well~rick

findingmywingsinlife said...

Marion,
Welcome to my blog! I appreciate your thoughtfulness here, I'll keep those things in mind for future reference :)

Triana,
Normally I'd say lets go for a walk and talk out all the frustrations of the week, like we normally do...however after your episode today, I don't think that's gonna work. **Knock on wood here, but at least its you on crutches and not me :)

Spaghetti Fields,
what would I do without you and Triana as my friends??? Thanks!

Shadow,
Thanks for that smile and the rainbow :)

Rikkij,
I don't mean to laugh, but that sounds like something Triana would do!!! (getting into someone else's car that is) The one good thing about this post is that I did get to talk to my 3 bestest friends in the whole world either via chat, email, or phone- They keep me sane and keep me together on days like yesterday was :)

To all of you bloggers,
Thanks guys! I really appreciate the thoughtfulness you each have given! What wonderful friends I have here!

Spellbound said...

Sorry i have been missing in action and you have had a rough time. It seems that the very angels are in disharmony right now but as much as I would like to blame some cosmic catastrophe I know that I'm just not that important. I do know it's been a rough few months with good news, bad news and even the worry of no news at all. I think things are bound to get better for us all, right?

findingmywingsinlife said...

Spellbound,
I'm sooo glad to hear from you! But don't you dare say you are not "that important" ever again, you a wonderful friend to have and I feel blessed to have gotten to know you! And yes, I believe things will get better for each of us eventually..just don't know on what time frame that might happen ;)