Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Prayer to Hold

Another short poem of mine due to busy days and tired nights. Hopefully I'll be able to write a short story in the next couple of days. Take care everyone and I hope that all is well! In the meantime, I hope my short poems are at least coherent if not entertaining.

A Prayer to Hold

I'm fixing my eye on that dream.
I'm holding it close to my heart.
Though weary I sometimes seem to be.

I'm holding onto the hope in my chest.
I'm taking in a tangible breath.
Though heavy the air sometimes feels to me.

I'm daring myself to believe its there.
I'm learning my weathers help me to fly.
Though skeptical thoughts hide within thee.

4 comments:

Brosreview said...

This is wonderful! Yes, it is "coherent"! Well done!

Rikkij said...

April-Yes, that damn skeptical thingy. Your short stuff is lovely. Have a good weekend. ~rick

Marion said...

I like this. Dreams are elusive things aren't they, but you've captured their essence. Don't ever give up on your dreams... I have a daughter named April. It's a beautiful name. Blessings!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Brosreview,
I'm glad you liked it!

Rikkij,
Thanks! Hey, when you figure out how not to be so skeptical on these things, will you let me know so I can figure it out too? :)

Marion,
Why thank you! I don't ever intend on giving up my dreams. They are firmly situated in my head and last i knew, that was still one place that no one can steal a thing from!