Friday, September 11, 2009

My Pumpkin Pie

I had to take my oldest daughter to the doctor's today. Her asthma has been giving her fits lately. Doc says shes fine, just need to do the normal breathing treatments until things get back under control.

The conversation her and I had though, that was priceless:

We were walking out of the doctor's office and I put my arm around her small frame and said offhandedly, "Come here you, my chicawink."

"Don't call me chicawink Mom."

"Why not?? I call Triana chicawink, your sister chicawink. Lotsa people I call that- what's the big deal?" (its just a random made up word I use, I couldn't figure out why she didn't like it)

"It makes me feel small Mom."

"ok, what do you what me to call you then?"

"Pumpkin."

"Pumkin? How does that equate to not being small?"

"There are some really HUGE pumpkins out there mom." (She emphasized this with her arms outstretched)

"Yes, Sweetie, there are." Me giggling at her, " But how about you be my Pumkin Pie instead?"

"Ok. I'll be your Pumkin Pie Mom." and then she hugs me and grins, walking all the rest of the way with her arm around my waist.

5 comments:

Rikkij said...

April-what can I say or add to this beautiful moment? I hope you never lose the memory or the feel of her arm about your waist. ~rick

pilgrimchick said...

How cute! It couldn't be so bad being someone's pumpkin pie.

Natalie said...

Gotta love her!xx♥

Shadow said...

that's lovely!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Rikkij,
Thank you, I hope I don't ever lose it either :)

pilgrimchick,
She did make me smile that's for sure.

Natalie,
Yes, I sure do.

Shadow,
I thought so too :)