Thursday, September 10, 2009

Little Girl: A poem by me

Little Girl
Raindrops of misty memories,
dropping by to say hello.
Warm nostalgic sights and sounds
as if I could touch them, hold them in
my small hands.
I was a little girl once,
it seems so long ago.
Pigtails in my hair made by my own hands
and
fireflies were pixies in the night
and stars could be plucked from the very night sky.
Dreams of lands and places
never seen
these things, well they lived in me.
Yes, I was a little girl once.
Innocence wrapped in play long forgotten
stolen serenity I'd lay claim too
in the daydream wandering my fancies
would take me to.
Away, away from the pain is where I'd go,
only in the few small moments of time
Did I get to be free..
Was I really a little girl once?
Ah well, perhaps I was. But..you know,
I certainly wonder if I didn't have more wisdom then,
than I do now with the little girl gone.
I was a Little girl once- Where did she go?

3 comments:

Shadow said...

the innocent mind of a little girl certainly has more freedom than the grown-up one... sadly...

and she's still there, believe me. all you gotta do is listen to her once in a while.

Brosreview said...

This is so sweet! So, soft! Well done!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Shadow,
Yes, that's what I was thinking when I wrote this.

Brosreview,
Thanks! Glad you liked it!