Thursday, September 3, 2009

Just Conversation Today

You know, we all got to talking about Dave Matthews Band on here a couple of posts ago and I started revisiting their music and I ran across a really good song that I hadn't ever heard by them called Stay(Wasting Time) and of course I couldn't not listen to the songs Where Are You Going and #41. I can't believe how long its been since I really sat down and listened to their music. Course, really I should send you to their you tube channel to check out some of their new stuff. And in the meantime I'll still be dreaming of the future concert of theirs I hope to see some day.


Last night I had the priviledge of talking with a friend of mine on the phone who is a blessing to be friends with. It really struck me at how wonderful it is to have a few close "best" friends in this world. A few of my friends, including the one I was conversing with last night, have been having some real struggles in life. I hope each of them know how much they have made a difference in my life and in other's lives; enough to know that their own life has value and it is precious. I hope each of you know that about yourselves- and if you don't, I'm shouting it out now, "YOUR ARE A BEAUTIFUL SOUL!!!!" No arguments please, for I will win this one for sure! Haven't you figured out yet that I don't give up easily??? Well, I don't, so don't try to stop me from believing in you my friends- it just won't work.

I meant to try to write another poem, but life has a way of having you write other things. In this case, my mind was not on poems but on friends, the few I have, and how dear they truly are to me (I consider blogger friends just as real as those I've seen in person, so you each count in that statement I just made). I think I,m really just in the mood for random conversation today, so here I am writing away as if I were really having a conversation with you each. So with that said, I'll leave you with this random quote of my own:

"There is no one on this Earth quite like the friend who has seen both sides of your heart and still calls you friend. What a wonderful thing it is to have more than one of those kind."

3 comments:

Shadow said...

you're right. and friends like that are worth more than gold!

Lyn said...

It would be impossible to get by without "best friends".
One of my favorite quotes..."Friendship is God's apology for giving us relatives"..

findingmywingsinlife said...

Shadow,
So very true. There nothing on the earth(in my opinion) worth more than friendship.

Lyn,
I like that one! My co-worker also says that "Friends are family that you get to choose."