Monday, September 28, 2009

Ever wonder...

...where my daydreams and thoughts sometimes take me? Here's a poem for you then. A conversation from my head to yours.

Water and Land

Dip my feet, toe by toe
into a pool of water.
rays of sun there, a smooth pebbled rock here,
an honest reflection to bestow.

I watch the ripples move along the water.
stretching here and there,
and I think to myself there she is,
still in that moving reflection.

Cast my form, falling backwards upon the land
legs and arms spread to make the angel in the grass,
still I keep my feet in the water
as I stand to look at my shadow dancing longwards.

And then backwards I see the impression I've made,
the land marking where I've laid.
I wonder if the grass ever understood our need to touch it?
and I feel nature's heartbeat against my feet covered in the cool of water.

Beautiful isn't it? Where ever you see water caressing land.
Metaphorical really, as ground will soften to let water in.
And water smoothes the grounds rough edges.
Reminds me of being human somehow, like the yin yang- opposites fullfilling the whole.

I suppose my thinking gets a bit wayward, These daydreams of mine.
They get me to thinking though, of all the things that make me-me and you-you.
But I like it, like the water meeting the land I mean,
the feel of the softened ground on my feet's bottoms and the soothing of water's soul.

5 comments:

lakeviewer said...

This is charming, endearing, prose not wainting to stay prose, poetry not wanting to stay poetry, a hybrid form to celebrate all the many ways our own human form finds completeness.

Shadow said...

earthy. natural. a perfect daydream...

Brosreview said...

Loved the initial stanzas a lot! Keep writing!!!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Lakeviewer,
I like your analysis, it puts into words what I was aiming for with this!

Shadow,
I thought so too!

Brosreview,
I'm glad you liked this one!

Syd said...

I like this also. It reminds me to remember that we are each unique as are all of God's creations.