Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Dream: Just for A While

I've been dreaming this same dream for a while now and thought I'd finally share it. I really have no idea exactly who this person is I'm dreaming about,but I'm not entirely sure that that particularly matters. I think what matters to me is that the dream itself encompasses the idea of what many, both men and women alike, are constantly struggling to find in their lives. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this Sunday dream turned into a poem!


Just for A While

Walk with me.
Brush against my skin,
take my hand and curl your fingers
in between mine. Take me closer to your
smile, and walk with me a while.

Laugh with me.
Tease me with your laughing eyes,
chase me around the playground,
catch me as your legs outrun mine,
and our feet miss the ground while we fall
and laugh with me a while.

Talk with me.
sit beside me on the ground,
our hands upon our knees, skipping stones out onto
the water. Banter back and forth and sharing
past and present in the words we choose to use.
Just simple conversation of teasing and serious
subjects in between- yes, please,
talk with me a while.

Stay with me.
long into the day that stretches out into the night.
Me trusting in another for a change and you,
you doing the same. Point out your dreams,
as we stare at the stars peeking out around mother moon.
take a midnight ride, feel my arms wrapped around you
holding on in the moonlight, feeling the wind whip
through my hair. Take me someplace quiet,
a soft hush in the air. Allow me to show you
all that I've wanted to share.
Kiss me and stay with me a while.

9 comments:

Brosreview said...

This one is quite tender. Keep up the good work!

Rikkij said...

April-I think we all dream and want for one such as this. We'll call him "Happiness" take care~rick

Double-Dolphin said...

oooooooooh romantic poem!!! verrrrrrrrrry nice April!!!

Syd said...

Wonderful poem. I wish that all my dreams were so nice.

BloggerMouth said...

This is exactly what I would want to say to the person I love. An amazing job of wording your emotions, April.

Keep dreaming!

-Swati

dianne said...

Absolutely beautiful April and soooo romantic. ♡

findingmywingsinlife said...

Brosreview,
Thank you,it is isn't it.This one was hard to put it into words.

Rikkij,
Well if you call him happiness for me, I'll call her "Joy" for you :)

Double-Dolphin,
I'm glad you liked it. Always love to see you stop in and visit here!

Syd,
Thank you, I wish all mine were too sometimes.

Bloggermouth,
Thank you, I don't think I could ever stop dreaming :)

Dianne,
You know, I hadn't realized that playing pretend at being kids again, chasing each other, and skipping stones, with midnight motorcycles rides as being romantic, but apparently it is!
I'm glad you liked it!

dark wings said...

"Stay a while"...Love this poem, cheers!..Roan

findingmywingsinlife said...

dark wings,
Thank you! This is one of my favorites written works at the moment, so I'm glad you like it. Please do stop in again, its always nice to see new faces here!