Monday, August 31, 2009

One View

I'm back to blog world (told you I wouldn't be gone long).



You know, today I sat back and took in a lot of things. I saw, heard, and felt alot of things. Accomplished quite a bit in spite of a rocky start to my morning here at work.

I've been reviewing some of my own posts on here, its amazing what you learn about yourself when you reflect on what you've written and what you've said to others through conversation. This poem below is my attempt to capture the idea of being your own worst enemy, of how we each tend to beat ourselves up and bring ourselves down. Its not the best poem I've ever written, but I wanted to try to encompass the feel of how we think in terms of judging ourselves despite what others say.

One View

There are times,
when I feel
like I'm all alone.
Then I wake,
from my mind's eye,
and i see that I'm not on my own
in feeling this way.

My view, is only one.
There is more to review.
My view, is only mine,
I'm sure you've got something else,
in mind, when you think of me.

I don't neccessarily have,
the best view of me.
No.
but my friends keep telling me to
hold up,
wait up,
don't be your worst enemy..
you're a beautiful soul.

My view, is only one
there are other eyes that see.
My view, is only mine
but I see the beauty in you
that you don't see-

in your eyes its reflected back at me.

3 comments:

Brosreview said...

Nice lines! I am seeing this more as a song than a poem! Keep writing!!!

Shadow said...

excellent! love it!

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

over from Fhi's!! hope to drop by regularly...

saz x(FFF)