Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Music, the voice of my emotions

I've been on a music binge if you will. Combing the depths of my memories and through video files on you tube to find songs I either remember from childhood or songs I heard a brief line or two and needed to know who sang it and what it was called. I needed to give myself some comfort and music soothes my soul sometimes.





Recently I heard a new song to my ears by Rev Theory called "Broken Bones". The best place to hear that song is on their myspace profile because in my opinion they just don't have a good video out for it yet, but they should. Anyway that song fits with the mood I was in when I posted the last post of "Who I am". Please pardon the feelings of sadness as you filter through these songs, this is how I get when I need to let out my stressers.



So far I've found these:

Breaking Benjamin's Rain and Breath

Nickelback's Photograph

O.A.R's Shattered

R.E.M's Everybody Hurts

2Pac's Brenda's Got a Baby (my aunt had her first child when she was 14)


One Republic's Apologize and Stop and Stare

Boyz II Men Its So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday

Poison's Something To Believe In

U2's I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

7 comments:

lakeviewer said...

Out of that list, I know three of the groups. Not bad. Not good. I'm the mother of a singer/songwriter. I heard a lot of music while she was becoming the musician she is.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Lakeviewer,
Wow, out of the people who kindly leave me comments now and then, I definitely was not expecting to see one from you on this post (no offense intended). Some of these songs I haven't listened to or heard since my high school days and there were a few songs I thought of after I posted this that I wish I would have added to the list.
Thank you though for reading! It must be wonderful to have a musician in the family. I love all kinds of music.

Brosreview said...

Ha! I have listened to all of these songs. A nice choice!

Syd said...

I have to say that I don't know but three of these groups. But that's okay.

findingmywingsinlife said...

BR,
I wondered if you might have!

Syd,
You're right, the point of the post wasn't to see if my readers knew of any of the bands, but to give you each an idea of what I would try to do for myself to pick myself out of a dark/depressed state of mind. Music is good therapy for me when I'm having a rough spot in life.

Shadow said...

music does that to me too. brings forth emotions, touches and strokes the thoughts hidden in my head.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Shadow,
See, we do think alike! ;)