Monday, August 10, 2009

Maintaining the Good

I still maintain that there is good out there in spite of a comment I had to remove from my last post.

I will post a much more thoughtful and hopefully a wiser post than this one tomorrow. My heart just felt as heavy as lead when I read that translation of that comment (now deleted) this afternoon.

And if you're a new reader or you missed the post, please read "Do Something Good" and join me in trying do something positive with the two hands you were given. Thanks guys. I'll see you tommorrow.

3 comments:

Breeze said...

Well the best way to see the good is to not let the negative in. Deleting that post was step one, step two is to send compassion to that poor misguided soul who seeked to bring you down. Turn it around. Instead of feeling hurt, feel sorry, instead of anger, choose pity. Once you get into habit of that you'll smile at that frustrated store clerk, you'll let that frustrated customer go ahead of you and then commiserate with the teller who had to deal with their anger. Good. This world has so much good. It's just that negativity is often louder. The good is often quiet. So listen carefully and smile a lot. So much good...all over, everywhere. Hopefully someone does a kind thing for negative poster to make him change his ways.

The Buddha said "if someone gives you a gift and you don't accept it, to whom does the gift belong?"

If someone tosses you negativity and you don't accept it, it's on them. It's all on them.

Have a fantastic, wonderful, blissful, joyful day!

Breeze

Rikkij said...

April- sorry you caught a bad comment. hope it wasn't mine. take care~rick

findingmywingsinlife said...

Breeze and Rikkij,
Thank you!

And no Rikkij it wasn't you, I could never erase anything you'd put up here! I consider you to be a very good blogger friend with a bit of humor and wisdom to offer every now and then.