Monday, July 20, 2009

What's with Indiana??

A few days ago I was chatting with Double-Dolphin online and he asked me, "What's Indiana Famous for? Don't you guys have that race car thingy?"

Although I'm not that interested in Nascar, I did reply, "Yes. We have the Indy 500. And we also had Micheal Jackson and John Mellencamp." They were the first to come to mind. But here's another one for you DD- Axl Rose grew up here!

Also notable are these folks:
Larry Bird, "Red" Skelton, David Letterman, and Florence Henderson.

I'm inclined to say that people from Indiana have a taste for music and laughter. 'Course that makes me the oddball who loves to write. Well maybe not entirely seeing as how I do enjoy all kinds of music and according to my friends, I do occasionally have a sense of humor. But I'm not sure that's all from being a person born and raised around here.

What I do know is we truly have 4 seasons, though they never behave as they should, and our Summers and Falls are the most beautiful to see (or at least I've been told that by those who travel to here expressly for that purpose). I hate cold, but love the first snowfall- as long as it doesn't stick around too long ;-)

So, there you have it. Indiana at its finest or at least what I was able to dig up in a short period of time. Someday, maybe I'll add my name as a famous writer to that list....who knows. In the meantime, if any of you can think of some other interesting facts about Indiana- feel free to comment, I'm sure Double Dolphin's not the only one curious!

2 comments:

Syd said...

I have never visited but obviously need to do so. Having a great fall is a priority for me since I live where fall only appears in November and December.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Syd,
If you ever do come over this way during the fall, be sure to visit Brown County State Park in Southern Indiana. There is also a Covered Bridge Festival as Indiana is known for still having the most covered bridges still intact.