Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Finishing the Verse..hmm

Daydreams

Coffee shop, and things
Stream of daylight in the middle of starlight,
or maybe just an arm around the smallness
of me.
yeah, those are the things I sometimes dream

Shoes of miles trodden,
A face never seen but not ever forgotten
and maybe my hand reaching up to tell you
how much you mean
to me.
Yes, these are the things I sometimes dream

Desire of strong will
left in me that which speaks of endless passions
a fiery sort of phoenix wings it breathes
strangled in the night
of me.
Yes, those are things I sometimes dream

And always the daylight is caught
by the starlight, two crossroads
that blend into one road of traveled destinies
of you,
is who I sometimes dream

5 comments:

Brosreview said...

Sounds like a verse of an upcoming song, to me.

Shadow said...

beautiful dream!

Double-Dolphin said...

Perplexing. Challenging. Spaced out. Dreamy. Beautiful.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Br,
I was going for something different, but you're right- it does sound like the beginnings of a song.

Shadow,
Glad you liked it.

Double Dolphin,
Ah, see now that's the way dreams go- always confusing, half of the time they never make sense and yet most of the time there is a such a vast beauty in them that its hard to find the right combination of words to describe them. Dreams often times tell you less about fiction and more about the realities inside of you, at least that's my theory anyway.

Natalie said...

It is beautiful,April and telling...