Saturday, July 18, 2009

Musings

I've been trying to sort out my thoughts lately. Its been interesting. A good friend of mine has stopped talking with me as much as he used too and I haven't quite figured out all the whys on that, but I suppose that's just the way things go sometimes- people come to decisions or indecisions and I can do nothing to help them decide either way. Of course, in this case I don't know what's the dillema that can't be shared with a good friend. So I have decided to be patient and let it be. Time will tell its own secrets soon enough.




Another friend of mine has had revelations of her own and I suspect they have rocked her world and her own viewpoint of herself. My hope in that case is that she understands that while I don't have the same inclinations as her, it doesn't stop me from being a friend. A friend I know she'll need as she continues to discover more and more about herself and what that will mean to her.




My daughter has her first art exhibit in the local 4-H fair. I'm a bit nervous for her, but also proud. For only being 9, I think she has done an amazing self portrait of herself. Though she has paints, she chose instead to use pencil and crayon- it looks really good (in the opinion of me being Mom of course) and though I think it looks good, I did tell that since this is her first attempt, she may not get a prize. But that's o.k. I'm proud of her for being brave enough to show off her work to the world.


My mother has another diagnosis that has arisen from all the testing they've been doing. Not only does she have early onset dementia, but also pancreatis. They are still waiting on some test results to see how much damage. I am hoping this does not equate to pre-cancer or something like that.


And lastly, I'm reading a book called "Imajica" by Clive Barker. Quite a fascinating read. It has me captivated during the short intervals of time I have to read it.


4 comments:

Spaghetti Fields said...

Kudos to your daughter for submitting to the 4-h. I always wanted to and thought that was really cool. That part was one of my favorites to look at.

Spellbound said...

Good, bad and or in-between you just share generous slices of your life that leave me feeling like you talked to me personally. Blog land is like meeting people in an elevator and somehow making a life long connection. I feel your pride in your child, your fear for your mom, your patience with your friend who cannot speak his mind right now. Life's a waiting game isn't it? Since I dabble a bit in the health care field I should prepare you for likely diabetes for your Mom, likely not on top of your list of things to worry about today. Keep us posted my dear.

Rikkij said...

April-I fall into the first part of your blog. Sheesh! Good for your daaughter! ~take care~rick

findingmywingsinlife said...

Spaghetti Fields,
Thanks! I was never into 4-H so this is a completely new experience for me. I have no clue how it all is supposed to work or what she should be doing.

Spellbound,
Yes, blogland does seem to have that characteristic about it. I'm glad I was able to come across so well in this post. I'll definitely keep everyone posted.

Rikkij,
Nah, You're one of my most faithful followers, although I'm more inclined to call you friend.