Saturday, July 25, 2009

Just one thing

I want to go see David Gray perform. He's going to be in Chicago in October, hopefully I'll have the funds to be able to buy a few tickets when they go on sale. I hope, I hope, I HOPE that I get to go. I love his music. And thanks to Natalie (whose family is currently battling swine flu, so please keep them in your thoughts) at Musings from the Deep for introducing me to his music.

In the mean time, I'm going to keep pluggin away on everything else that I'm working on. My hand is a bit tired as I've written several more pages in my book today. I'm determined to keep at it with my writing.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend and I'll see you guys tomorrow!

4 comments:

Rikkij said...

K, April- see you then! ~rick

Syd said...

David Grey is good, although I find his songs haunting. Very haunting and sad.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Rikkij,
Hmm, well haven't seen you yet... :)

Syd,
I have a penchant for songs with deep meanings and his songs are certainly deep. I can see where they might be haunting and/or sad. they are, they really are sometimes- but aren't we all? I suppose I find his music as an echo of sorts. It reaffirms that I'm not the only one who shares in Life's pain. And Life's pain is worth learning from and acknowledging its existence.

Natalie said...

Thanks April. :D I would love to see him too.... BIG TIME!xx♥