Thursday, July 9, 2009

Frustrations

A man walked into our office today and I was reminded of why I felt the need to share my life story with others, why I hope to maybe one day publish it to help promote awareness.

As I was talking with this man about Habitat, I was reminded again of the viewpoints people still, Still to this day, carry in their heads about others! Someone please tell me-What does the way a person looks, or how they grew up, or how little or alot of money they have, where they may or may not have come from, whether they have tattoos or not (that's me today since I didn't think about wearing a shirt to cover up the armband on my right arm), what gender they are, or what preferences they may have in their personal lives, tell me what does any of that have to do with who a person is on the inside?????

4 comments:

Brosreview said...

Well, I gather, it helps in short-listing "presumptions" of one's character.

Double-Dolphin said...

I know exactly what you mean dudette!

Shadow said...

people prefer to look at the outside, the superficial. much easier than to have to go to the trouble of getting to really know someone... okay, sorry about the sarcasm.

findingmywingsinlife said...

BR, Double-Dolphin, and Shadow:

I'm am so glad to call you each friends, as I am all my blogger friends. It seems to me that the one place I don't see or "hear" this sort of thing is here on blogger.

Thank you each for all the support and thoughtful comments you send my way.