Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Books and Poems Meet

I finally finished the book "This much I know is True" by Wally Lamb the other day. It was very good and very interesting. But I got to tell you its the other book I picked up that has my attention like none other right now.

"Rush Home Road" by Lori Lansens is one I'm having a hard time putting down. Truth is, I can't wait to find out what happens next as I turn page after page. Its a beautiful, heartwrenching story of an Elderly woman looking back on her life as she tries to help an abandoned child living in the same trailer court as herself.

The title of the book has inspired this poem from me:

Rush on home now,
to where the heart is tended to
and love sees no boundaries
unlike the world that once drew lines in history.

Rush on home now,
to where the truth is told,
and eyes see inside a person
for who they are and what they're truly made of.

Rush on home now,
to where your soul meets its match
and peace is found in the beating heart
of two who know without a doubt where home is laid.

Rush on home now,
Rush home to where you belong,
Rush home now,
rush home.

5 comments:

Double-Dolphin said...

Who says you can't go home?
There's only one place they call me one of their own,
Just a hometown boy, born a rolling stone, who says you can't go home?
Who says you can't go back, been all around the world and as a matter of fact,
There's only one place left I want to go, who says you can't go home?
It's alright, it's alright,...

Bon Jovi

Shadow said...

now that is a home. lovely!

Breeze said...

I have been here, longer than I was there, yet there will always be home although I've no desire to live there now...

I liked the Wally Lamb book, I'm trying to think of the other one but coming up blank, it's around here somewhere..lol.

I will write down the title of the new one

Breeze

Rikkij said...

Love it april, but I would need to meander slowly home. A lot to take in and swallow. sounds like a good book.~rick

findingmywingsinlife said...

Double-Dolphin,
Maybe you know this already, but that song is actually a fundraiser for Habitat for Humanity. The music video of it was shot in a Habitat home in construction.

Shadow,
Isn't though?

Breeze,
I'm not sure I understand that first part of your comment, but the other book I know of by Wally Lamb is called "She's Come Undone" of which I haven't had the opportunity to read yet. I did however, just finish Rush Home Road the other night and I must say it is abosolutely wonderful, a bit sad but well worth the reading.

rikkij,
That's exactly what she did in a metaphoric way, ironically enough. From the time she left home she always felt the call to "rush home" and never did until...well you just have to read the book, cause I don't want to spoil it for you.