Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Updates, both personal and professional

I'm fairly tired tonight, been extremely busy at work and tomorrow morning I have to take my mom in for some more tests. Her health is failing yet again. I swear sometimes that even though she's been diagnosed with early onset dementia for about 1 year and a half, its going to be her body that gives out first. She's sick all the time. Its a very trying thing to watch her go thru and it doesn't help that my brother (who drinks to solve his problems) is convinced that the doctor is wrong and that there is nothing wrong with mom. I suppose for him, its easier to ignore and hope its all a terrible nightmare than it is to actually endure and help her through it.

But, nevermind my problems, I'd like you each to take a peek at this blog to see what my Habitat for Humanity has been up too this week. You'll have to scroll down a bit to find the 2 articles that Jennifer (Talk of the Town's blog owner) wrote about our little Habitat, but it is exciting news to share! **clears throat, uh um... please ignore the pictures of me with frizzy, windblown hair, I promise I don't know who that is***

Have a good night everyone, I'll try to blog tomorrow as usual, but if something should not go well in the morning- look for me later in the week, as I will return when I can. Take care.

7 comments:

Deedee said...

Best wishes, April, and congratulations for all the good work you do with Habitat. That's God's work girl.

Spellbound said...

I know that no matter what life throws at you you will find the strength to handle. Family issues drain us more than others because we care. You also have a job that provides you with rewards way beyond the material, but still, it is stressful. Still there you are smiling and lovely, windblown and all.

Syd said...

Habitat for Humanity is a great organization. Glad that you are working with them. They have done so much good.

Rikkij said...

always so busy! get some rest. ~rick

Shadow said...

prayers for you, your mom and your brother. that must be hard.

Double-Dolphin said...

Best of luck!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Thank you everyone! Mom had a rough day yesterday, and the day didn't go so well for myself either. but, she is doing just fine at the moment and I am back at here at work. I'll blog later this evening when I have time and maybe tell you each all about my events yesterday.