Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Understood

I wrote this poem yesterday, a little bit before I posted the Need post. I must say, that today is definitely a better day, but I thought you each might like to read this one. I don't usually post these drafts of mine, but many of you seem to enjoy reading my stuff- so I thought I'd be kind and share one that's a little closer to home for me if you will.

Understood

I want to feel
not so alone on the inside.

I want to be
more than what I see sometimes.

Many say to me
but you're such a strong woman,

and I am.

But that doesn't stop a woman
such as me

from wishing to be understood,
from wishing to be held up and seen

for the human I am,
because I make mistakes.

And like you, I want to be loved-

for

just

being

me.

11 comments:

Syd said...

Good poem. I think that I have always wanted to just be accepted for who I am. I know now that acceptance was there all the time from my HP.

Triana said...

Ahhhh! Many of my posts center around the same theme, only of course not so eloquently put. Again, the differences in our writings & our styles ;)

Rikkij said...

April, I think I find comfort in that alone-inside feeling. maybe too much. We love you! ~rick

Brosreview said...

Nice! Most individuals prefer to be liked in the way they are.

Pavitra .... said...

Nice poem....Well written...!!

Shadow said...

that's only natural. and relevant, and necessary, and deserved.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Syd,
Thank you! I think I've come to the conclusion that acceptance starts within, not without.

Triana,
You just say it like it is- flat out. And I don't think I'm neccessarily eloquent with much (I am the queen of saying things that make perfect sense to me, only to offend someone without realizing it).

Rikkij,
I love to be alone, alot. But, that alone inside feeling that is spurred by the feeling of not ever being understood or accepted as you are is a bit hard somedays. Honestly, I think it really boils down to my personal issues that I don't share much about on here.

Brosreview,
Thank you and you're right of course, everyone wants to have at least one person that gets them and is cool with just the way they are.

Pavitra,
Thank you as well.

Shadow,
Always a part of my online support posse eh??? Thank you for continually reminding me to remember the things we all need sometimes and that I'm not alone in my thinking :)

Noelle said...

you said it, sister!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Noelle,
As always, I love to see you visit here! Glad I could write something you connected with.

Spellbound said...

No problem, you are easy to love.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Spellbound,
Have I ever told you how awesome you are?! :)