Friday, June 5, 2009

Thinking out Loud, or should I say Writing out Loud?

My List of Nevers:

Never lose yourself, but remember that sometimes to find yourself you have to first lose yourself..confusing I know, but its true.

Never assume another's intelligence is measured by their age (lesson # 500,000,000 learned from my dear Triana and the endless discussions we've had over the years)

Never assume you know everything and never assume you will one day know everything. I strongly suspect that when our time is up, we will probably know less about life than when we started it.

Never give up on anyone, no matter what you have percieved them to be. You've not been in their shoes to see what you and the rest of the world looks like in their eyes and experiences.

Never be anything other than who you are.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

My View of Love:

Love is a thing of muscle, not a mushy gushy pink thing wrapped in teenage hearts and fuzzy boxes or stuffed in the pages of unrealistic fairy tales of happy endings. It is strong, fierce, determined, thoughtful, fiery, constant and passionate.

It perseveres.

It pushes and demands from us that truth be held up and that people deserve the right to be human- a creature full of misgivings and misguided intents, a creature that makes mistakes no matter how much we may try not to, a creature whose imperfections are the very beauty of what we are.

These qualities are why Love has the ability to change the world- nothing less is needed.

5 comments:

Rikkij said...

but it's nice when the muscle is wrappen in the pink soft gushy thing. It's just that trust cannot be given to the wrapping. Maybe? ~rick

findingmywingsinlife said...

Rick,

I honestly don't know exactly what I was going for in these two thoughts (the nevers and what love is thing) I just felt like my mind was onto to something, but I couldn't quite figure out what I was onto to with all that thinking.

But, I agree with you that its whats inside a person that will determine whether or not trust is given.

I think though, I wasn't thinking about people per se, but more so of the idea of Love as a whole, as an entity all its own that resides within us.

I don't know really, like I said, I feel like I'm on the edge of something that I just can't put my finger on what my brain is trying to tell me.

Laelah said...

I've had similar thoughts lost in my journals and papers in some folder hidden from view. When your brain (or subconscious) implores you to write it usually comes out as something you can't comprehend at first but makes sense later on.

It is just as the title says-- you're writing out loud. :)

Thank you for the advice. No worries since I've had several negative experiences to know not to blindly believe and think in a positive manner. But it's good to have that optimism.

Shadow said...

love your never's, especially the first one... it DOES make sense.

and as pink and gushy and frothy as love is, i too believe it's strong. much stronger than pink floating hearts.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Laelah,
You are right, its good to have that optimism. Sometimes though, I think maybe I have too much.

Shadow,
Glad you liked them (the nevers. The only problem is that I've found that a few of these are some of the hardest things to live by, at least for me anyway.