Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Thats just the way life goes sometimes

T I R E D

Worn out
weary, right down
to the marrow of my bones.

Drained empty
of thoughts that function
into solid streams of conscious ideas.

Eyelids heavy

So very heavy tonight.


In case you couldn't tell, I'm very tired and worn out tonight. I hope that this short little poem is at least amusing, if not interesting. Last week I traveled around the state, this week I'm in a ton of meetings and lots of papers piling on my desk (in fact,today I started work at 8:30am and didn't get done until 8pm tonight). I did take some time earlier in the afternoon to read up on some of the blogs that had been posted and I thank you each for your posts, they were a welcome treat to allow myself a short break in the day full of so many things that needed to be accomplished.
The good news is that I think in the next week or two, we will finally be able to start our 8 house project for the families I've been working with here at my Habitat affiliate. I will keep you updated on how well things go and maybe even post pictures of the builds. If you're interested in coming on over to help, just let me know..bloggers are always welcome to join the rest of our volunteers for a good laugh in watching me try desperately to hammer in a framing nail (it never works out real well for me).

Well, I'm off to get some rest so I can be at it again tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a good day and if not, well I hope there was at least one positive thing that did happen today for you.

5 comments:

Rikkij said...

April- get some rest, find balance. Glad things are going well, hammer and nail. ~rick

Shadow said...

your poem perfectly depicts your tired state of mind. rest!

Natalie said...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZgoodnight, April.xx♥

Syd said...

I'm tired today too. Just worn out from too many late nights due to evening meetings and then a long drive home.

Spaghetti Fields said...

Sometimes the best laughter is your own... I laugh at myself all the time.