Sunday, June 7, 2009

No rest on Sundays

I've got a lot on my mind today. I was hoping to at least gather myself around and find a place of serenity today, a place of solitude to rest my mind and thoughts from the many events that have been happening in my life as of late.

I am doing fine really, amid the circumstances. I just sometimes want to think things out on my own. If there is one thing that I've learned in my life it is that my problems are my own and I am the only one who can fix it. But I will admit, sometimes it would be nice to be able to say nope, nothing goin on this way today.

Life it seems is happening all around us and sometimes I'd just like to just pause it for a moment so that I can catch my breath and say ok, now I'm ready-bring it on, whatever the next challenge might be.

5 comments:

Brosreview said...

"If there is one thing that I've learned in my life it is that my problems are my own and I am the only one who can fix it."

Amen! It is so very true. Sadly, life doesn't take a break to give us a break. So, try to find that blank spot, that vacant slot somewhere amidst the daily rituals to gather yourself together and collect all your strength for the next instalment of life.

I can relate to this. Pardon my blabbering!

Rikkij said...

If you find that place to catch a breath, can I lean on you and catch one also? ~rick

Shadow said...

you and me both. i've looked for that damn pause button all my life and just can't find the darn thing.....

Noelle said...

Seriously, I have been working so hard lately to just accept and get some peace in the moment or "the pause". I've wasted so much darn time looking back and looking forward that I was engulfed by my own resistance. Hang in there friend and know we are all in this together!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Brosreview,
No worries Brosreview, I didn't take it as though you were blabbering. Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Rikkij,
You're more than welcome to lean on me anytime you need to, can't guarantee I'll find that place of rest or that it'll do you any good to lean on me, but if its a friend you need every now and then, then you've got one here.

Shadow,
Have you ever heard of the song "2am" by Anna Nalick. There is a line in there that goes "but you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable and life's like an hour glass glued to the table, no one can find the rewind button now, so cradle your head in your hands and breathe..just breathe."

Noelle,
I hear you friend. Keep your chin up Noelle, there's a person of dignity and character inside of you, you'll get through your challenges just fine.