Thursday, June 25, 2009

Mellowing out for the Night

I'm in the mood for some music..need to mellow out a bit, its been a rough couple of days. We will know tomorrow (hopefully) what the tests results for my mother were.

Until then here's a list of some songs I'm interested in listening to right about now:

Her Diamonds by Rob Thomas

Turn My Head by Live on the Secret Samadhi Soundtrack

Falls on Me by Fuel

Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol

Perfect by A Simple Plan

One Headlight and 6th Avenue Heartache by the Wallflowers

A Murder of One by Counting Crows

With the exception of that first song by Rob Thomas and the one by Snow Patrol, you can tell I'm in the mood for some older alternative rock music. Well, its not that old but you really don't hear them play these songs on the radio much anymore. Its kind of like comfort food- only its comfort music for me.

5 comments:

Brosreview said...

Those are some good tracks you are listening to.

The test results shall be normal. Do not worry!

Rikkij said...

throw in some lucinda williams, patty griffin, robert earl keene and I'll hang with ya! Hopin for good news. ~rick

Shadow said...

aaah, nice selection there. music always transports me away...

Syd said...

Good stuff. Almost everything playing today is Michael Jackson. I did like some of his music. Hoping for the best for your mom.

findingmywingsinlife said...

BR,
No need to worry until I know for sure whats going on :) Glad you liked the song selection.

Rikkij,
Oh my, yer showin' year age with those 'uns. (Just teasin ya) Next time I'll flip through some stuff that isn't quite as rockish..
Oh but if you liked Bob Dylan, you should really check out the Wallflowers I posted, that's his son singing.

Shadow,
yeah, music does have a soothing quality to it doesn't it? Does a body good I think.

Syd,
Yeah I think they are pretty good too.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement regarding my mother, when I know more I'll let you know.