Saturday, June 27, 2009

I should have just shut up.


You know, I made a complete ass out of myself last night at the concert. And I hadn't even had a drink.

I love, absolutely love Sirface's music. They are very good, with huge potential. Last night was their new cd release party. Triana and I were late 1. because I didn't get done with the parade until after 8 and 2. because I had to wait on her to get her brand new tattoo on her calf done...she's completely random and does stuff on spur of the moment.

But, that's not the most humiliating part. I have a tendency to critique local bands and I discuss with Triana what I think they could improve on. Sirface has the potential to go mainstream-seriously. But before they just didn't quite have it together it seemed like, but last night they showed their true colors. Jared, their lead singer, delivered a performance that said they are in it for real, the man has some serious vocals. LOVE hearing him sing. I think I've dragged Triana to a few of their shows before because I think they are that good.

So, what did I do??? Well, I went up to the table to tell them what a great job they did ...but instead what came out of my mouth was, "Great performance, you sounded much better this time!" As if to say they didn't sound good before, Oh man- I wanted to hit my head on a brick wall and just say ok, I'm officially an idiot- where in the hell did that statement come from???

The look on Jared's face said well there's a real compliment, WTF???

Trust me when I say I proceeded to the nearest bartender and bought a drink. Apparently I needed my ass kicked, what was I thinking?! Triana stood there, mouth open in conversation to Jared, trying valiantly to save me from my dumbass attack.

Please though, if you're into hard rock- check them out and give them a listen, if you like them-let them know I sent you to their page. I would love to see these guys hit it big, they've worked hard for it.

7 comments:

Brosreview said...

I did not know you were into reviewing bands. I shall need to listen to this band. Where can I get their album?

Shadow said...

oh girlie, i do silly things like this all the time...

Rikkij said...

You know what, April-I don't have a filter either. Bitch, ain't it? (but never boring) ~rick

findingmywingsinlife said...

BR,
Yeay, I've always liked reviewing bands- I would love to be a scout for new talent. You can always tell who is marketable and who isn't.
I know that you can get their old album "For Reasons Unknown" on Cd Baby; the new album "A New Life" I'll see what I can do about getting some copies and I can send one your way. I'm not sure if they have that one listed yet.

Shadow,
Glad to see I'm not the only one who does these things :)

Rikkij,
Yeah, it is. You live and learn though..and you're right, we're never boring.

Spaghetti Fields said...

totally some kind of word vomit I would come up with. Don't sweat it. i think you totally made up for it in this blog and gave them some serious new fans because of it. I never heard of them and because you made a fool of yourself and blogged it, now I will have to check them out.

Double-Dolphin said...

Well, what you said basicaly means they're getting better, so I guess that's a compliment. I've done worse, much much worse, and have gotten away with it, so relax dudette, you're ok!

Syd said...

Sometimes things just don't come out right. It's okay. Don't beat yourself up. Glad that you enjoyed the band. Nothing like live music.