Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Small words of Mine

Geesh!



I've been scrolling through my list of blogs I follow and realized that I missed out on tons of great reads this weekend! I'll be visiting everyone again shortly, might take me a few days to get back up to speed with how everyone is doing.

In the meantime, here's my lastest attempt at a few lines of poetry:


Unfolding


There is an ocean,
a wave of beauty deep.
A tide of emotion,
the wake of steady storm.

Standing here again,
facing torrents that pour.
A grace found in a friend,
reminds me to find a peace.

Steady flow, rush of rain
out pouring of water anew.
A strength born of enduring pain,
a smile in my heart to unfold.

8 comments:

Brosreview said...

Really good lines!!! Simple yet delivering a lot.

Dave King said...

I sympathise: I'm finding it almost impossible to get round to everyone. (It must be yonks since I got to you.) Like the poem.

Rikkij said...

Yes, I like the thoughts behind this. I'll take it a step farther in a poem I'll publish tomorrow. glub glub glub (that's a hint)
~rick

Shadow said...

a poem bursting with life and hope!

Syd said...

Good stuff. I like the ocean imagery.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Brosreview,
Thank you, it took me a bit trying to find the right words for this one.

Dave,
Good to see you again! At least I know now that I am not the only one struggling to find the time to visit all my bloggy friends ;) I'm glad you liked the poem.

Rikkij,
Whatever in the world are you up to, hmmmm? Well, I'm glad you like it so well that your going to build upon it, I'll be keeping my eyes out for your poem now that you've piqued my interest!

Shadow,
Hmmm, looking back on it, I can see where you'd get that- but I honestly wasn't sure what exactly was inspiring the poem to begin with, so I don't know if that was truly the theme I was going for or not.

Syd,
Thank you! I like the Ocean, its a good metaphor for a lot of things in life- you can either let the deepness of life swallow you, or you can learn to swim in it. You can learn to face life's violent storms or you can run from them. The choice though, is always yours to make.

Double-Dolphin said...

That would make a good song!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Thanks Double Dolphin! I guess it would wouldn't it?