Thursday, May 28, 2009

The one strength of Humans

L O V E

That's all I wish for the world to do.

It is our ability to love without conditions (when we allow ourselves to do so) that can be godlike and powerful beyond measure. To love without expectations.

It is what defines the very concept of Hope, Faith, and Humanness- for what they really are and not what we wish them to be.

It is what changes us from existing to living.

It is a strength we have that we rarely use in all its capacity.

And I ask myself this one question, "Do you April?" and the answer I find myself saying is not nearly enough, not nearly enough.

8 comments:

Triana said...

I so disagree with this "not nearly enough" stuff. But I guess it's always more difficult to see yourself as others see you...

Laelah said...

Love can free us from all excess
From our deepest debts
Cause when our hearts are full we need much less
-"You, Me & the Bourgeousie" by The Submarines
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSS8ub5x0G0 (Wonderful song, it made me happy today.) :)

I think it's difficult to love ourselves because we're aware of what we've done wrong. It's just a matter of forgiving yourself enough to the point that you can love yourself without hating yourself more so the love doesn't seem as a way to deceive yourself.

Rikkij said...

to love others is the greatest gift we give to oursleves. at least it seems to me. Nice thoughts, you!~rick

Cherie/ Butterfly Dreamer said...

The Beatles said "All you need is love" , and love is the answer. Real, compassionate love.

Nicole said...

You're not alone in your wishes, trust me.

Shadow said...

i think we could all love a little more...

Double-Dolphin said...

True that!

Syd said...

I am learning to love like that but it takes time in recovery. First, I had to learn to love myself.