Monday, May 11, 2009

Lately for Me

I admit it here and now, I've been suffering from some severe depression issues, brought on by my circumstances here in the real world. I'm not ready to talk about all of it just yet, but I do see that things will get better in time- its just right now that's difficult.

I will persevere, its what I seem to do best- keeping my faith and staying strong. What's happening is neccessary, but that doesn't make it any easier.

Last night I was listening to this song called "Lately" by David Gray before I went to bed. It brought tears to my eyes, tears that needed to fall (I really need to buy a few of his cd's). But I did have a suprise phone call just before I fell asleep and it made all the difference in helping me keep my chin up. I hope that each of you have a friend that you can call on anytime for just those same reasons- a shoulder to lean on, a friend's faith in you to help keep you going.

11 comments:

Breeze said...

steady on..the other side is bright and green and sunny and worth the journey

Breeze

Laelah said...

Depression and frustration is not a good combination. Sadly, you cannot afford to get held back by these negative feelings so we have to, as they say, "move on" as best as we can.

..but that's my two cents. I'm trying to get over some feelings too so I'm hoping the best for both of us.

Rikkij said...

Friends are a great commodity. True friends even better. If someone has two-they are rich beyond measure. ~rick

Shadow said...

i'm sorry to hear this... hugs to you and bless your friend...

Natalie said...

I am glad your friend called. :D
Hugs to you, it is a tough road.xx♥

Double-Dolphin said...

Talk to me softly
There is something in your eyes
Don't hang your head in sorrow
And please don't cry
I know how you feel inside
I've been there before
Somethin is changin' inside you
And don't you know


Don't you cry tonight
I still love you baby
Don't you cry tonight

Don't you cry tonight
There's a heaven above you baby
And don't you cry tonight

G 'n' R - Don't Cry

Silver said...

"I will persevere, its what I seem to do best- keeping my faith and staying strong. What's happening is neccessary, but that doesn't make it any easier."

..hang in there. It's always darkest before dawn.

Lyn said...

Things tend to overlap, so dpression can be the beginning of the next path you take.. make sure that you don't have a chemical imblance..then hit the road to discover what it's all about..after all, what else have you got to do? Have courage, for real!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Breeze,
Thank you, I know you understand.

Laelah,
As am I, as am I. You have my friendship and listening ear should you ever need it.

Rikkij,
Always words of wisdom from you, and I appreciate it. You are truly one of a kind. Thank you.

Shadow,
And a hug back to you, thank you for your encouragement and strength.

And I too wish my friend all the blessings in the world. They deserve it more than they know.

Natalie,
I was glad too! Thanks for the support, it means more than you know.

Double Dolphin,
Ah, GNR... I used to love listening to their stuff as I was growing up. Your compassion shows here and I thank you for it.

Silver,
Thank you, I will do my best. And Yes its always darkest before dawn, and then the dawn breaks into another day bringing with it what it may and I become wiser for it as long as I learn.

Lyn,
Thank you as well.

Syd said...

David Gray sings about deep stuff. I hope that this depression that you are feeling will pass.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Thank you Syd! and yes, I agree his music has a lot of depth to it.