Tuesday, May 12, 2009

How do I say what's on my mind?

I wonder if very many understand what it means to love all....

"Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house. Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next door neighbor... Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting."-Mother Theresa

I believe that I may not have shown love or kindness in my last comment to an anonymous commenter on my post "Recharging this Brain of mine". I did not mean to sound so negative or unkind, I just wish that more people understood what the purpose of having a faith was, rather than having a religion.

I don't claim to be a churchgoer, I don't claim to have all the answers- but I believe that if something is worthwhile to believe in, it will prove itself and does not need anger or fear of others shared knowledge to keep it close to the hearts of its followers. Indeed, sometimes it is neccessary in life to see past what you are taught and teach yourself to stand on your own decisions rather than allowing others to decide for you what it is you should think.

And I believe books or reading another person's life long work (as was the case with the book and authors in question here who spent 30 years researching this) was never a bad thing, only those who allow their own fears and disbeliefs to swallow them believe that I think. Forgive me if you believe otherwise, I truly mean no offense.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Your comment was in no way disrespectful, anonymous's was.
I consider it the height of
judgementalism and rudeness, to ram your opinion down someone's throat. Add that to the fact, that anonymous is not prepared to even stand up and be counted for their own beliefs!

Cowardly and judgemental.

Rikkij said...

Don't sweat it. anyone who comments anonymously isn't worth fretting over. toss it over your shoulder and move on. ~rick

Shadow said...

everyone has a right to their opinion. because that is just what it is - their personal opinion. whether one should critisize another's opinion, is a personal choice.

Double-Dolphin said...

Why are you always so apologetic April? Your opinion, your blog, your rights. And to anyone who has a problem with that, pffft!!!