Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Flow of Things

On an edge I stand,
my mind of a timid thought,
yet I'm sure
of my confidence.
My tenuous thought,
it moves and brushes
with an intangible idea
formed of thoughts pondered
and decisions that quaked
my world.
Perception is only half the truth,
never has two seen the same,
it is where life can sometimes bring
a pain of loss and falling.
But there is Joy to be had,
and a peace to be found,
if only in your own heart and mind.
Learn and be wise from it
I say to myself,
Life is just a journey
unmapped and uncharted,
for you cannot plan your steps
as no one's path is ever the same.

11 comments:

Brosreview said...

"Perception is only half the truth" - Great line!!!

Robin said...

Profound. And so true...

Rikkij said...

seeing as snowflakes, huh? no two alike. So true. We must live with what we have wrought. Well done. ~rick

Syd said...

Life is a journey. And true that no one's path is the same.

Pavitra .... said...

Brilliant...!!
well done...!!

Shadow said...

self-perceptions... i'm picking up a theme here in blogland today. you make a great point!

Spellbound said...

Lovely, sorry I've been remiss in blogging. The party and work and flying around the country has kept me hopping.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Brosreview,
Thank you! Glad to see you stopped in.

Robin,
A gracious comment, thank you!

Rikkij,
Well since you put it that way, yes I can see how snowflakes might do for the analogy. And yes, you are right we must live with our own choices, our own selves.

Syd,
Yes, and a journey well worth it I'd say.

Pavitra,
Glad you liked it!

Shadow,
Thank you!

Spellbound,
No problem- you just stop in blogland when you can and enjoy that party of yours this weekend!

dianne said...

That is just so beautiful April. ♡

Dibakar Sarkar said...

The poem has a deep soul. I enjoyed the read.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Dianne,
Thank you! I'm glad you liked it!

Dibakar,
Wonderful, it is good to hear that others are enjoying my poems.