Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Starfish

It is difficult to explain my thoughts today. I keep thinking about the starfish story (this link tells the story slightly differently than the way I've heard it, but it still gets my point across), the one about the boy who says, "It matters to that one".
You see, I think sometimes people believe that there are more people with problems than there are hands to fix them.
But I wonder about this. Beyond the fact that sometimes all it takes is that one person willing to extend their helping hand first to inspire others to do the same. It makes me think on the ramifications of having helped that one person.
The ripple effect comes to mind. The far reaching outcomes & impact one person's kindness contributes to the world just by living is enormous. Imagine the cures, the outreach, the newfound insights into life and beyond- all from one person inspiring others to make a difference. It reminds me of the quote by Scott Adams:

"Remember, there's no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every Act creates a ripple with no logical end."

3 comments:

Rikkij said...

here's a secret bout me; I never ever forget an act of kindness. If someone shows the smallest of kindnesses to me, I have their back forever.nothing impresses me in all the world so much as compassion. ~Rick

Brosreview said...

This is so true!!! On the same context, let me direct you to my song "This is Life". It seems you are connect the two posts. You must have already read it as you follow my blog, don't you? Cheers!!!

Shadow said...

now that's a beautiful message!