Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Rest that was needed and enjoyed!

Vacation Days:
This is Apollo (left), Aries (right), and myself petting Aries.
They love me!!!

This is Max, Pam's longtime plant friend who has been with her since it was a tiny plant on her dresser, soaking up the sun in her room, back in the high school days. I was so suprised to see how big he has gotten.
This is my favorite painting that Pam has in her home, and they have a wide range of fantastic art collections. She also has a framed drawing of a Mermaid that is interesting, but I didn't think to take a picture of it. This is Apollo and Aries, hanging out with one and another, just chilling.


Here is Aphrodite, she's a bit of a moody creature.


Here is the piano they have that I played my various pretend music on. I say pretend because to those who have no clue, I sound pretty decent at it...but for those who know more than I do about playing a piano, they can tell that I have no clue what I'm doing. That's ok though, its the soothing nature of sitting at a piano and playing whatever comes to mind that I like so much. Someday, maybe I'll take the time to really learn to play it.



So, I am back home now. Yes, it was a short vacation but that was the most time I could get off from work from both jobs. I spent the majority of my vacation time either on the road (of which I didn't mind) or at my friend Pam's. I did spend one day with my brothers in Florida. I will post those pictures sometime in the next couple of days, along with some interesting thoughts I wrote down while I was gone. The one thing this vacation made me realize was how much I'm tired of feeling so broken, so I'm going to fix myself. It will take some time and it will be the hardest decision I've ever made, but I'm finally sure its what I need to do. I'm going to follow through and I'm not going to look back...

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Wonderful stuff, April. I am right behind you.xx♥

Shadow said...

loooove your furry friends! and the love and acceptance they give one is so precious.

welcome home, and it's good to see your positive spin on the way forward. way to go!

Noelle said...

Welcome back! I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip. Stand tall friend, and forge ahead. :)

Double-Dolphin said...

OMG!!! The cat's eyes!!!

Welcome back home April!

Country Mouse said...

April,

Thanks for saying such nice things about me in your blog! I really enjoyed your visit. Reading things a little late, but better than never...work has had me crazy busy and pretty unhappy...so crazy me I’m going to throw in the towel. The job isn't worth being treated like crap, I'm coming home so frustrated that I can't enjoy myself doing things I love, and all my "boys" miss me and are suffering because of it. Once I get things cleaned up and running smooth here again I'll try calling you, or writing, or heck maybe blogging...

Laters

Pam

findingmywingsinlife said...

Yaaaayyy Pam! Its so good to see you here! How could I not say such wonderful things about you? Its like having my own private bed and breakfast when I get to come see you guys! And I am staying strong, planning carefully the things I need to do...like we talked about. I'll talk to you soon, take care of those boys for me, I miss them already!