Saturday, April 18, 2009

Questions to Ponder

I'm going to post a series of questions today.

I've been reading one of my favorite books again, entitled "People of the Lakes" by W. Micheal & Kathleen O'Neal Gear. These questions I'm posting are taken from this book, they are random questions that come up as each character continues on their journey, questions that they must learn to find the answers for themselves; to help them put themselves back together and become better, wiser people because of it.

I re-read this particular book alot when my own life is headed in directions that I hadn't forseen, when I'm in need of thinking through things and learning how to fix me. I've re-read it so much that I had to duck tape the spine to keep it together. I always find that I learn something new or am reminded of something I had forgotten about life.

The first question today is:

"When a Man drowns, at what point did the water get too deep?"

3 comments:

Rikkij said...

when he lost hope. Up until then, he might have lived.
remember that old cartoon pic of the half-swallowed frog sticking his arms out of the pelicans mouth to strangle the pelican and it reads "never give up"
When a man loses hope. he loses. period.
~rick

findingmywingsinlife said...

I like the way you think Rick. This is a very good point!

Woman in a Window said...

He drowns when he gives up. Never give up. (hey, there's Rick. That's how I found you.)