Monday, April 6, 2009

One more post Tonight

I know I said I won't share the depressing thoughts, but Triana once posted this poem on Life, Unassuming & Complicated, she found it on another person's blog- though I don't know what one. All I know is that this poem describes how I feel.

After a While
by Veronica A. Shoffstall

After a while, you learn the subtle difference Between holding a
hand and chaining a soul.
And you learn that love doesn't mean leaning
And company doesn't mean security,
And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts
And presents aren't promises,
And you begin to accept your defeats
With your head up and your eyes open
With the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child
And you learn to build all your roads on today
Because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans.
And futures have a way of falling down in midflight.
After a while, you learn
That even sunshine burns if you get too much.
So you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul,
Instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.
And you learn that you really can endure.
That you really are strong.
And you really do have worth.
And you learn and learn...
With every goodbye,

you learn

6 comments:

Breeze said...

This poem,for me is not depressing, but hopeful..what could be more uplifting than seizing the opportunity to be yourself..stronger, better and more fulfilled...& FREE!

((hugs to you)) I know it's tough right now..the door will open, you will walk through and close it firmly behind you and find yourself in paradise.

Breeze

Natalie said...

Beautiful words, April.xx♥

Rikkij said...

there is much beauty and truth here but a balance is also needed. I want someone with me. not for ownership or a crutch but to share. I don't want to become me alone and seperate. I want the influence of someone I love. As long as we can agree to this, I love the words. ~Rick

Shadow said...

this poem is absolutely not depressing. it's magic! thanks for posting it!

findingmywingsinlife said...

I didn't mean to say the poem was depressing, I agree with you all that its not. I just meant that I didn't feel like sharing my thoughts on certain events of that day. The poem reflected my feelings on the revelations I've had regarding my current situation. I'm getting there, slowly but surely, I'm getting myself together.

Breeze, Thank you again.

Natalie, yes it is a beautiful poem isn't it?

Rick, yes we all want that someone who will share with us the joys and pains of life, however, for me- I've realized that I'm ok with being me alone if need be, because the pain of where I'm at will tear me apart someday-it has already done more damage than I thought would be possible.

Shadow, Magic and then some.

Brosreview said...

So true!!! Ah, the need of someone to be there beside you to understand you completely!!! Thanks for sharing this one!!!

PS: I thought I was following you, but I wasn't. I need to catch up now.