Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hello my bloggy Friends!

I am back, although, not quite up to speed yet. I am, however, going to be returning to work tomorrow. A bit sore and a little pain here and there, but nothing I can't handle. The best part of it is that they did not have to do any stents or incisions! Yeayyyyy for me!

So, for now here is song that I just remembered about. It's "Have a Little Faith in Me" by Jewel. Its a good song to pick yourself up with and I'm reminding myself to have a little faith in myself. Hope that you each enjoy it as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jg0YzoTMaI

and while I'm exploring memory lane, here's another song from childhood memories. Elton John's "Tiny Dancer"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O80b002XT0

and Billy Joel's "Piano Man"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCyKcwvV5gE


Or maybe you'd rather listen to some classic rock. Here is Pearl Jam's "Black"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzxoa5wGisU

and their song "Yellow Ledbetter" which is my favorite by them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs8y3kneqrs

As you can see, I'm in the mood for some mellow tunes..just trying to relax and gear up for the work day tomorrow!

Have a great night everyone, I'll be back tomorrow!

8 comments:

Breeze said...

Tiny Dancer all the way. Glad you're feeling better!

Breeze

Laelah said...

Good to see you came out unscathed. :)
Awesome song choices, shall check them out later...but, when I need a little pick me up, I'd listen to Coltrane's My Favorite Things.

Spellbound said...

So, you came out singing. Perfect.

Shadow said...

i'm so happy for you! speedy recovery!!!

Double-Dolphin said...

Hey! Welcome back! Pianoman is a brilliant song, thanks for posting it...if you're in the mood for mellow tunes, maybe you should check out Travis?

Rikkij said...

You're dating yourself with those songs. I know them well. Could Bernie Taupin write or what? Glad you're feelin better. ~rick

dianne said...

So April, what did you have done? Did you have the ultrasonic treament to crush the kidney stones?
I hope you are feeling much better, take it slowly, dont go rushing back to work too soon. ♥

findingmywingsinlife said...

Breeze,
Thank you! Glad I could pick a song you liked.

laelah,
Thanks, I'll give it a listen and see what I think!

Spellbound,
I didn't neccessarily come out of it singing, in fact anesthesia makes me downright sick when I come out of it..I felt so bad because I forgot to tell my friend Belinda this fact and she had to help me through the whole ordeal. Bless her heart for offering to see me through the surgery, otherwise I don't know what I would have done.

Shadow,
Thank you for all your thoughts! Your so kind to me!

Double-Dolphin,
Thanks, I shall check out Travis as I get the chance! Glad you liked Piano Man.

Rick,
Date myself????? Good lord no, you have me chuckling over here. But yes, Bernie Taupin did have a way with words sometimes, but then so do so many other artists, I believe all of Pearl Jam's songs are written by Eddie Vedder, and he's damn good I think. Very insightful lyrics he comes up with.

Dianne,
Good to see you here my friend! How are things going your way? I had the lipotripsy done, which is the ultrasound shockwave treatment. And its too late to tell me not to go back to work yet, I'm already here. :)