Monday, April 6, 2009

Hello, Hello??? Anybody there...

I'm tempted to share all of my depressing thoughts, the struggles that weigh me down right now, but I believe that laughter is the best medicine and so here's a slightly amusing post!

All the last couple of weeks I've been trying to contact a partner family of ours at habitat, to no avail. I was getting frustrated and thinking maybe he was ignoring me and that was unusual for him. I immediately suspected he was avoiding me becuase he didn't have the money to pay the house payment.

But then, a couple of days ago, he stopped in the office, made a payment and chatted with us about how life was going, how the truck he had needed fixed, the boys getting into trouble, etc., etc.:

"So, are you getting tired of listening to all my voice mail messages?" I said.

"And that's the other thing that went wrong!" He said.

"Excuse me??"

"I was changing the oil on the truck, set the phone down- forgot about it. Finished up and got into the truck later to pick up the boys and two seconds of backing up I heard CRUNCH! OOH, what was that? I got out and looked and there was my phone, imbedded into my driveway. I ran over my phone! NO one has been able to get a hold of me!"

And here I thought I was being ignored....poor guy ran over his own phone!

4 comments:

Breeze said...

haha...you just never know..pays to think the best of people! I hope things look up for you! At least you got the money right?

Breeze

Rikkij said...

why do we always assume the worst? it usually never is. ~Rick

Shadow said...

what's it with our thinking that automatically assumes we are being targeted..... i know the feeling too well. and all that happened was he killed his phone....

Triana said...

That's very funny! It wouldn't happen to have been a guest on our tv show, was it?