Monday, April 13, 2009

Dreams

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." -Oscar Wilder

"Imagination is more Important than Knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." -Albert Einstein

These two quotes are on my desk, written on a sticky note. They've been a source of inspiration in both wonderful days and challenging days. They help me to keep my chin up, to keep my resolve on decisions made, and they help me to remember what's most important in life. And so, I thought I'd share them once again with you each. Thank you each for sharing your thoughts and ideas with me and the rest of blogger world. May you each find that your dreams become your reality and that you discover that happiness comes from within yourself, not from outside it. That you each believe your goals are worth pursuing and you each believe in yourself- even if you arrive at a destination in life that you weren't prepared for, and you feel lost or alone. Dreams are meant to be kept and found again- they should be pursued and given a chance to thrive. Dreams are what makes the world go 'round my friends. They are what shape our souls and give us our wings.

11 comments:

Rikkij said...

alleluia!! it's the first positive upbeat thing I've read in blogger land today! thank You thank you!!
Gonna pick up that advice and put it in my bag! ~Rick

Laelah said...

I thought I was a little silly to hold onto my dreams the way I do but, seeing that I'm not the only one, it brings comfort. May we both have wings soon yes? :3

Selchie said...

Lovely, thank you for the ispiring words, hope you have alovely day.))

Selchie.)

Shadow said...

oh how i love your thoughts on dreams!

Natalie said...

Hi, April! There is a little something on my blog for you.xx♥

Syd said...

Thanks for stopping by. I think that without hope and dreams there isn't much point. As long as I don't force my dreams on anyone else, all is fine.

Khaled KEM said...

Hope and dreams are the essence of life!

Barry said...

They are indeed!

Beautiful post!

Double-Dolphin said...

Now here I go again, I see the crystal visions
I keep my visions to myself
Its only me
Who wants to wrap around your dreams and...
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
Dreams of loneliness...
Like a heartbeat... drives you mad...
In the stillness of remembering what you had...
And what you lost...

Fleetwood Mac - Dreams

findingmywingsinlife said...

Rikkij,
I'm glad to have made your day.

Laelah,
Don't ever let go of those dreams of yours..they are worth more than you know.

Selchie,
Glad you felt the inspiration and thank you.

Shadow,
Wonderful!

Natalie,
Thank you my friend, coming from you that means alot since I know you don't normally pass these things on.

Syd,
Your welcome. I do think sometimes though, for some people, that it is not until they lose their dreams that they realized that the point was to keep them, pursue them.

Khaled KEM,
Yes they are, I whole heartedly agree.

Barry,
Thank you! Good to see you here.


Double-Dolphin,
Always got a song for everything don't you? ;)

Double-Dolphin said...

@ April - not always, but mostly yeah...he he he!