Saturday, March 28, 2009

What a Wonderful Day!

Pam and I had a marvelous evening catching up, swapping stories, and showing off pictures to each other. I played her piano (which she says her and Nick never use) or made stuff up on it I should say since I don't really know how to play piano, I made friends with her two dogs Apollo and Aries. Aries apparently doesn't usually like strangers (he's a rescued dog) but him and I get along so well, that he follows me wherever I go in the house. Their cat, Aphrodite, doesn't quite know what to think of me just yet, but I understand she's a bit of a fickle cat.
Pam is an excellent cook and loves to entertain, so we had steak, potatoes, and a wonderful cheesy vegetable casserole thingy that she made. She even made me a pomegrante/vodka drink of which I love!
We talked about a lot of things. It was good to unwind and visit. I'm really liking this vacation thing.
Tommorrow, I will be driving the rest of the way down to the area of Florida where my brothers live. On the phone yesterday while driving down, my brother informed me that his mom is getting remarried tomorrow- she just now decided to do this. I didn't even bring a proper outfit to wear to a wedding! Just jeans and tank tops in that suitcase of mine. Maybe Pam has something I can borrow for the day...

Well, I'm fairly tired and excited at the same time. This has been a great time so far.

5 comments:

Double-Dolphin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Double-Dolphin said...

It's so nice to hear you're having fun! Have a blast dudette, and don't forget to tell us the stories!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Ha! Dudette! I haven't heard that phrase in years!!! I'm dying laughing over here... I won't forget to share the stories, trust me.

Double-Dolphin said...

Oh...err...pardon my ignorance of American English...do people not use that word anymore? I picked it up from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles which I used to watch as a kid...

findingmywingsinlife said...

Its cool DD,I loved it! I used to watch that show as well. But no, no one really uses that term anymore that I know of...but I'm in the midlands of America, don't know about the east or west coasts slang and so forth.