Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My boss's antics

-Please keep in mind this post is not meant to offend anybody, just relaying a little bit of humor-

Here's an amusing story to keep you all occupied while I finish polishing up the next chapter of Kipleyarren for you each. It will be posted before the end of the night, I assure you, but until then let's have a few more laughs:

We had a conference call with co-worker Hailey the other day about the upcoming Habitat Indiana State Conference in Nashville, IN. Hailey was telling our boss Carl that she had slated me to present one of the workshops and one of the opening general sessions (because apparently I speak well in front of people). Having me open the general session though, got my boss's attention. It includes a devotional- remember,Habitat is christian oriented.

He says to her, "Hailey, you're not having April do the devotional part are you?"

"No...why?"

"Hailey, Having April do the devotional would be like having a Jew speak at a Catholic Mass...not good...not GOOD!"

We all died laughing at that-including myself. My Boss and I have come to an understanding about each other's viewpoints, even if we don't always agree and thus we are able to joke about these sort of things with one and another.

5 comments:

CLAY said...

"Hailey, Having April do the devotional would be like having a Jew speak at a Catholic Mass...not good...not GOOD!"--Holy shit. Excuse me. What a riot...God Wing Seeker....

Triana said...

OMGosh I just split a gut laughing! I can TOTALLY picture him saying that... So funny!

Miss you!

Breeze said...

Funny story. I think he probably wouldn't want me doing it either..lol.

Nick James said...

haha good stuff!

Shadow said...

agreeing to disagree is a habit, or rather attitude, that should be adopted by many many more people... it would make life so much more tolerable. good for you all.