Monday, March 23, 2009

Memories

You know, my best friend and I do spend alot of time together- usually. We are so much like sisters its unreal. Here lately we've both been busy with life and such that we really haven't spent anytime together in the last week and half. But I must confess, there is a slightly selfish reason that I like to spend so much time with her. She's leaving for Louisville, KY sometime after my birthday in May. Its where she needs to be, I get that and I would never want her to do something to the contrary of that. But man, I wonder what will I do?

She helps me see what parts of me need healing. Helps me to meet others outside of my workplace, helps me to feel a bit free when I need it. Helps me sort out this confusing mess in my head, encourages me when I feel like I can't do this anymore. She's been a friend like no other. Even goes to concerts with me! I LOVE music! She's even the one who introduced me to blogger, so its because of her I've met all you wonderful people!

I suppose I'm sounding quite mushy at the moment, but its a very depressing thought to know here in a few months there won't be anyone around for me to drive to when I'm so frustrated or in tears.
Also, today, I was going through some old boxes sitting in my book room. I've been trying to search for that short story called "To Be Joy" that I mentioned I would share with you all once I found it. Well, I wasn't successful in finding that story yet, but I have found tons of letters from high school, several notebooks filled with poems and songs I've written over the years, a bottle of sage with some prayer letters I wrote for some friends of mine way back when, and lots of doodles and drawings I've done.
I guess I'm feeling a bit nostalgic right now and maybe slightly depressed or worried. I'm not sure what it is that's got me down right now. I'm ok though, I'm not falling apart yet :)

3 comments:

Double-Dolphin said...

close your eyes, dam the tears
wallow in the comfort of your dreams
look again, nothing remains
and you rest upon your memories...

Sleep by Indus Creed

Triana said...

Awwww, thanks hon! We'll still get together, it just won't be on a daily basis like before. Who knows where life will take either of us.

Shadow said...

you are privileged to have a sister like that. and it may not be the same, but you can still talk, via the phone... and visit... and e-mail and stuff. distance cannot break ties like you two share.