Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Kids and Me

I'm in a bit of a writing mood today. It's nap time for the kids, we've had an excellent day just me and them! My husband is gone for the day. I took them out to the mall in Fort Wayne because they wanted to ride the giant Carousel that's there. We ate at the food court, walked around a bit for some exercise. No stressers. Even the kids remarked on how great the day seemed to be going. Here in a bit we may even take a drive out to my mom's and see how things are fairing that way- they love going out there when its nice, because then they can play outside to their hearts content.

I did not get a chance to tell you about the good things that happened while I was working down in Nashville. First off, my good friend Hailey is one of the most awesome souls ever, who shared with me some difficult things about her past as we hiked 2.5-3 miles in Brown County State Park during the two hours we had free. All this in an effort to show me how much she cared.
Secondly, I met a great gal named Falguni Vyas. She works for Habitat International's marketing dept and she kindly shared some insights of the Hindi beliefs, specifically things about Krishna that I hadn't understood. We got along marvelously well, I look forward to getting together with her at another Habitat Conference in the future.
Thirdly, I did enjoy visiting with Habitat staff and volunteers that I don't get to see on a regular basis. In fact, I always enjoy the banter, the ribbing, and the atmosphere at most of the conferences I've been too that have been for work. There is always much to learn at these and I welcome the updates.

Well kids are rousing, so I need to head off. I might just post a few more thoughts today as I get time, but for now I'm enjoying the peacefulness with my kids.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Yay! All good things April.
Hugs to you.♥xx

Shadow said...

it's good to hear you at peace.

Double-Dolphin said...

Hindi beliefs? Don't you mean HindU beliefs?

findingmywingsinlife said...

Yes, pardon my misspellings Double Dolphin! I hadn't caught that error, I'm usually a good speller!