Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Two Paintings await

twisted trees bound together,
hands lifting out of the water,
wings attached,
roses full bloomed,
a few thorns here and there,
and shoes.
A great many leaves,
a collage of sorts,
this picture I'm carefully crafting,
a canvass awaits,
a fading sunset,
a chin is lifted,
hair blowing in the wind.
That marks two pictures now,
that I must complete,
and I marvel at the speed
in which I'm creating these,
these beautiful drawings
and imagery
that seem to flow from my thoughts.

7 comments:

Nick James said...

Now that is art. An image portrayed visually and through words. You are a talent!

Dave King said...

That is one intriguing poem. Full of surprises, and cleverly done.

Shadow said...

lovely word pictures!

Lyn said...

Poetry and painting. They sure go together..very well done!

T.J. Seale said...

The thing I like best about this poem is the way it progresses, it has a definite rhythm to it. Keep up the good work!

-Thomas

dianne said...

So lovely April, looking forward to seeing the paintings if this poem is a preview. ♡

findingmywingsinlife said...

Thank you all and I'm glad you enjoyed the read, and yes Dianne, the poem is a preview of sorts, I will show the paintings...I was actually going to start looking for some things I need to start doing them this weekend.. and I may take pictures of them and post their progress....haven't decided on that yet or not.