Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Looking Ahead to Vacation..

I have been diligently making plans for Florida. Just me, Triana, and my oldest daughter. I have never been there...I have been talking with the Habitat down there in the Manatee County (did I spell that right... is that right???)

ANY of my fellow bloggers who may live in this area or are planning to be in that area the same time as I, must come volunteer their time!!!! You may laugh at me trying to help out on the construction site, but I don't care. Helping others is what I do best and I would like everyone to come out and get your hands dirty! No excuses, if you live in the Florida area, you must come build with me.....

The best part of this whole trip will be seeing my brothers and seeing for the first time in my life- the Ocean. I want to feel the breeze and listen to the quiet sounds. I'm hoping to feel free for the first time in a very, very long time!!!! No phone calls or text messages (well I can hope can't I?) No one telling me what I do wrong..just me and the ocean having a peaceful conversation about the beauty of the world, with my best friend sitting beside me. That my dear friends is worth going down there for..a glimpse of peace for me.

8 comments:

Nick James said...

I'm so happy for you. The ocean is such an eye opener. It reminds us how small and calm our lives really are in the scheme of things. Have a great trip. If I wasn't all the way on the west coast, I would help build with you of course! Good luck with your project, but please find time to enjoy yourself too! I can't wait to hear alla bout the trip!

Natalie said...

Oh excellent!
Wow, never seen the ocean?
You will LOVE it!
Have the best,best time xx

findingmywingsinlife said...

Yes, I am looking forward to the change of scenery..but I will not be able to go until the end of March...this is one of those rare things that I get impatient with, when I just want to take a break and must wait a few more weeks before I can..

Rab said...

Palmetto, Bradenton, Sarasota? M'lady wings, if fate brings our orbits this close, I will not pass up the opportunity. Especially since I spent a freezing winter in West Lafayette without even knowing you existed somewhere in the same state.

I am just on the other side of Tampa Bay, from the sound of it. It's a few hours drive depending on where you'll be, but give me dates and such, and I will do my best to make it there. I will send an email in a moment.

Shadow said...

what a perfect plan, the ocean and silence... enjoy!!!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Rab,
West Lafayette eh? That's about 2 1/2 hours away from my area. I have several friends that have lived in that city a time or two.. Currently one of my most amazing co-workers lives there. She constantly surprises me with her thoughts and advice for such a young one.

Shadow, yes I think so too!

Triana said...

I can't wait for vacation! I'm looking forward to time away - seeing the ocean, working on a Habitat project, meeting more of your family, & meeting our new friends. I say "our" new friends b/c your friends are my friends! Cheers to a glimpse of peace... PS: lol, sorry I added the word "best" in there. I realize your wording now. Oops!

Deedee said...

Oh, You will love the ocean. You are such a good person, Wings, and you do so much for others. I hope you have a wonderful time, you certainly deserve it.