Saturday, February 7, 2009

"I want a sunburn just to know that I'm alive, to know I'm alive." Thriving Ivory's Angels on the Moon

I am really liking this song...there are different phrases in it that really catch my attention...



Today, Triana and I spent some time together talking and swapping dilemmas. We were at the Mall and the adjoining table across from us was full of teenagers. Pretty soon the teenagers were surrounded by security and EMT's. The dark haired girl was pretty catatonic- you could tell something was going wrong with her as you could see her eyes glass over and she blinked ever so slowly. She could barely hold her head up. We suspected that drugs were involved...and then Triana said "We'll probably read about that one in the paper".
I just looked at her. "What? I didn't mean in the obituaries!" She said.
And since that remark I have been giving that girl all my will and prayers that she will make it through the night- to see a better side of life that doesn't involve drowning yourself in drugs or alcohol. To feel like she's worth another breathe. Sometimes I feel like I "see" what is inside people, what they really feel. It is a bit unnerving sometimes. But none the less, a life is a life, no matter how precarious and each is deserving of the right to learn what life has to offer. The right to that spiritual journey. I hope that she gets this chance, this teen that I hardly know.
After they loaded her up on the gurney and we finished eating our dinner, We walked outside into the night. I looked up and saw a most beautiful Moon staring down, a few clouds gathering around it. And I remembered the hope I used to feel when gazing at the stars each and every night. I could still, to this day gaze at them for hours on end if I didn't have to be up the next day.
What I wouldn't give to be able to give that same hope to everyone in the world who has ever touched my soul....

6 comments:

findingmywingsinlife said...

You know, come to think of it, everyone on this earth has probably touched my soul in some way... I'm referring to the ripple effect, at some point in time what you do resonates in some way on everything around you and then some.

malena Sandra said...

Its funny,You write this and at the same time Australia is burning,just got some news from a lovely lady friend from over there!Strange little planet.

Elle said...

I love that song by thriving ivory...I listen to it every day.

Deedee said...

The way you describe yourself as being able to see what is inside other people...I feel that way too, and I did some research which suggests that we might be "Empaths", those who can feel the emotions of others. I have no doub that this is me, and it's hard sometimes because you can't be objective-when someone is hurting, you are hurting and can't detach very easily, right? But we make great counselors.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Deedee, while I agree with you on feeling their hurt as if it were your own, I don't think it doesn't allow for being objective, You couldn't counsel very well if you couldn't see and understand all points of view. What I have found to be a problem though,is knowing more than I should about others..but I think that may be more than empathic things..
ah well at least that is my thought anyway...

Natalie said...

I have read somewhere that those who were abused as children develop a remarkable sixth sense to avoid trouble. You sound like you are intuitive - Into - it ive. Seeing into things /people.xx