Friday, February 27, 2009

For Triana and Everyone I know who feels this way...

The Fray (the music group) has really been on my mind lately....You found Me is giving me frightful images of my dear friend who is taking a much needed break from her world up here...hopefully she will find the peace inside herself she so desperately needs...

...and I heard an 80's song on the radio that I haven't heard in years today ( I was in Muncie today for work), that every time I do, it brings me to tears for reasons that are always hard to explain. Let's just say the lyrics of that song are so close to home, that as much as I love it (the song) I try to avoid listening to it, because I'd rather not dwell too much on things.

All I ask of my friend is that I not find you lying on the floor someday.... I can always give you my thoughts, my philosophical rhetoric's....but I can't bring you back once you've gone too far hon...and that scares me shitless, because I know you- you won't tell me until its too late.

You found me by the Fray


You know, its funny, everytime I think I'm not going to post much, I always end up writing more than I planned- good therapy for me this writing is....

5 comments:

CLAY said...

life is a precious thing! Many times I've contemplated the great "exit"--each time I realized that I wasn't going to do it. There are people who love me still. If you have people who care for you, you have a reason to live. Excellent post Wing Seeker.

Natalie said...

Good song, April. It's a shaky topic for sure. 'Hope' is sometimes hard to find when you are feeling broken. Lets pray a rest will do the trick for Triana.

Nick James said...

I suppose the Fray's earlier hit "How to save a life," would relate well to you right now. There is so much we can accomplish if communication is had. I hope everything works out with your friend...any friend of yours is a friend of mine. Take care!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Thank you guys for your thoughts and kindness...and Nick yes I know, you missed an earlier post with that very song on it for that very reason. this song Nick,is my way of letting her know I understand- it portrays exactly what I know she is asking in her head, she's a bit angry with life ...just as we all get sometimes.
There's a difference between being the branch that can bend with whatever the wind brings and the brittle stick that will break with too much weight....

Triana said...

April darling, you will never find me on the floor, of my own free will anyway. I have too much strength; or not enough of the strength required to overcome myself. Either way. My choice is simply tempting fate, which I know you try to protect me from. I love you my friend.