Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Conversation Beating

Phone ringing.....

"Hello"

"You need to fix this now"

"I'm at work, what's wrong?"

"Can you tell me why you do this to me?"

"Doo what?! What is it that I do?"

"I can't find my clothes."

"They're in the clean clothes basket, all you have to do is look."

"I can't find my stuff."

"So what am I supposed to do about it here, at work?"

"Come home and fix this."

"And you can't look through the basket of clothes because why??"

"I had my clothes where I could find them-you moved them!"

"And you'd rather wear dirty clothes, whats wrong with me washing them?"

"Why can't you just do what I ask?"

"What is wrong with you? I am not coming home just to find clothes for you when you can look through the clean clothes yourself! I am at work!!!!!!!"

"This is what's killing me, your gonna kill me with this you know."

"What..What is it that I'm doing? I was doing the laundry for cryin out loud."

"THIS! THIS is what YOU ARE DOING! Not listening to me, not doing what I say."

"I am not 2, don't yell at me and don't talk to me this way, I'm your wife remember?"

"I am not yelling at you, if you wouldn't do these things, I wouldn't be calling you."

"What do you want me to do?"

"I WANT you to fix it."

"I'm sorry ok, we'll talk about it when I get home, but I need to work right now."

-click, he hangs up on me-



***sighs***

and just how do I fix this?????

10 comments:

Noelle said...

geez, is he serious?

Nick James said...

This is a situation where you shouldn't leave things where he put them. You deserve better than that. "No good deed goes unpunished." Make it LOUD and CLEAR that you aren't willing to stand for that. You can't fix something that breaks itself...and you aren't doing ANYTHING wrong.

Triana said...

Oh geez. Hon.... It's like me trying to clean out your fridge ... Or throwing away the bacteria filled sponge. I'm afraid to come over to your house, cuz I'm sorry but I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when he does that. It's not my place though, so I will just be here when you need me. I'm so sorry that I couldn't come into CC tonight :( I barely had gas to get to work tonight. I love you bunches! I'll call you! And BE CAREFUL!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Noelle,
yes. He is. He is always serious about these things.

Nick,
You should take Clay's words to heart, you are truly wise beyond your years my friend, and Thank you, the phrase "You can't fix something that breaks itself" was needed.

Triana,
Bubble wrap, Bubble wrap, and bubble wrap..I know you'll understand this statement.

Natalie said...

Oh, April. I am sorry.

You are not at fault here.

Don't wreck your job for this childish, irrational behaviour.

Hugs.xx

Deedee said...

ahhh.... he needs to grow up and be a big boy now. Best wishes for strength and serenity, April

CLAY said...

Ah...married life seems difficult.

Shadow said...

i want to bash my head against the wall, this feels sooooo familiar. how do you fix it??? make a date with him one saturday afternoon and teach him how to look through clothes in a washing basket, heee heee heeee

Lyn said...

Too bad this isn't something you can shake, like a kaleidoscope, and get another picture. It took me ages to "shake" it.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Thank you each for your support. I am constantly surprised at the compassion of Bloggers. I don't intend on posting much more about this, I don't want to be complaining about my own choices.I am normally the type that once I realize I'm in a bad situation, I leave it behind. But there are the kids and I am honestly trying to see things from his point of view, to see if I've missed something about myself. I'm just trying to take it one step (advice from someone on here that I have a healthy amount of respect for) at a time...and trying to choose wisely my path in life, wherever that may lead me.