Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Contemplating and over analyzing (as always)

Man I have a lot of drafts on this blogger that I just can't seem to post....
I've been very frustrated lately..

I have, however, been painting a miniature Habitat house model the last couple of days. I have officially decided that after this project, I'm going back to my oils..I do not like painting with acrylics. And my hand has been severely unsteady lately...which meant that I had to redo several parts of the house before it looked presentable. but alas, It is slowly coming to fruition!

I need some ideas, I have a painting that I never finished that has dragons, Unicorns, a wizard, a fairy, and a man, all set in a midnight desert background..I feel like I should add something to it before I finish the final details, but I don't know what to add!! I think I'll have Triana take a picture of it for me and I'll post it to let you all have a look and give me your ideas. I have had that painting sitting unfinished for nearly 2 1/2 years. Its time to finish it so that I can do the next one that has been keeping me up late into the night....I just cannot stop thinking about this other painting I want to do.....

6 comments:

CLAY said...

Ha! One step at a time Wing Seeker..You'll get everything done.

Natalie said...

I totally get it , April. There is nothing worse than a creative idea going begging.......
You sound like a very busy person.xx

Nick James said...

Get rid of those drafts-- I like all your writing....post, post, post!

Shadow said...

those lurking drafts.... i just delete them withut looking at them after a while...

looking forward to seeing your painting, it sounds intriguing.

dianne said...

You sound like me..I think too much.
Start on the new painting that is inspiring you,something fresh and new the other can wait. ♥

Triana said...

Nick James! Ha! You have no idea what I sound like sitting over her shoulder reading a draft she is contemplating whilst u chant whisperingly, "Push the button! Do it! Post it! Just push. The. Button!" I have persuaded her a few times & she will later call me nervously saying that she is going to pull the post, that ut may reveal too much! Beauty, though, touches the soul in unexplainable words; and her stories are soul bending and beautiful.