Monday, January 19, 2009

Where did this day come from????

Take a step back and breathe, just breathe.

Can I have a restart for this day? Well, there's no harm in asking I suppose. I took some time off of work today just to help my mom get a few things done. In the midst of the running around, I explained to her my concerns about her medications and I kid you not, she looked at me with eyes lighting up and said, "Really?" She was absolutely happy about it! I looked at her like she was an alien from Mars and said," Mom, I just basically told you the meds have the potential to sharply shorten your life span and your happy about it???!"

Her reply was simply this,"I don't want to be mean like my mother is and I don't want to suffer any longer than I have too." Can't argue that one with her but it doesn't mean I have to like it. In the car, on the way to our next stop, she looks at me and says, "You know what April? God granted me one wish I didn't think I'd ever get."
"Whats that Mom?"
"To forget all the awful things I went through as a child. And now, with this, I get to forget. Just not the way I thought."
Oh, man. I thought, this is going to be a hard day. And it was. We went to Applebee's again for lunch (she likes it, but can never remember ever being there) and she certainly did not remember the dessert shooters or how much glee she had professed over them the last time we ate there. It's always so difficult and I hate even saying that out loud because I'm not the kind of person who likes to wine and complain about the way things sometimes are.
The topper of the day:
I dropped off Mom back at home and headed in to work. My boss asked about my weekend and I joked about my rear ending experience and the nosebleed incident- and wouldn't you know it, my nose started bleeding AGAIN! It dripped onto my white shirt and so I ran to the bathroom to get a wet paper towel on my nose and then kept the water running as I stretched my shirt underneath the stream to rinse out the blood before it stained the shirt. So there I sat at my desk the rest of the afternoon with a paper towel plastered to my nose, a wet white shirt, and I looked down only to find that I had missed the drips that had made it onto my khakis. I still have a meeting down at the local coffee shop to make an appearance for......the words Oh Man! don't even cover it.

1 comment:

CLAY said...

" Mom, I just basically told you the meds have the potential to sharply shorten your life span and your happy about it???!"

"the words Oh Man! don't even cover it."

Holy Mackerel. o _ o
What a day.

-Clay