Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Poem for my Hopes

Eyes drooping
falling ever awake,
into this Dream
I wish to make.
Careful crafting
of the smallest detail,
surely this read
will spark a following trail.
My treasure of words
I've collectively sewn,
my hope that they become
a treasure of your own.


This is my way of sharing my hopes of what my book will one day mean to others. Its a way for me to remind others that creativity is necessary and should be indulged in. That is one of the reasons I choose to try to write this fiction novel of mine. Its getting closer...hopefully I can have the first manuscript done before the end of the year. 23 chapters and still going! But its painfully slow, having to fit the time in between both jobs, family, and sleep (can't go without that). Last night I stayed up until after midnight trying to write down some ideas that came to me. But that's what it takes sometimes-perseverance.

No comments: