Sunday, January 18, 2009

Accidents for me!

I got hit by a car today. I'm fine, the van is fine, but there is something seriously jarring when a person rearends your vehicle and your looking around like an idiot trying to figure out what the hell just happened. Here's the funny part: Earlier today, because of the dry coldness in our area, I was battling a nose bleed that wouldn't give up. So when the police officer showed up to check things out and saw that I had a tissue plastered to my nose his response was,"Did you hit your head on the steering wheel or something?"

"No, I actually had this nosebleeding issue before this happened. Really, I'm fine. Just a little shook up is all."

"You had your seat belt on right?"

"Yep, I did." And I almost quipped back to him,"No, I just thought I'd go without it for a day." but I'm pretty good at not reacting on first impulses and so I didn't say it.

All of this just to get to the coffee shop where there are no kids screaming, no husband yelling, and only the sound of me typing away on another chapter in my book. Well, ok, so there are distractions in a coffee shop, but they are not the home distractions that irritate me when I'm trying to think.

3 comments:

Noelle said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. I am glad to hear that you are ok. :)

Kris said...

I find that I still hear the screaming kids in my head for at least 20 minutes after I leave home!

CLAY said...

Geez...I'm glad you're in good health . Take it easy mum.

Cheers,
Clay