Monday, December 22, 2008

Making Things or Taking things...

I think I'll make things good happen.

I've decided on a lot of things lately. First and foremost, I know this is the only life I get, so better make the most of it while I can. Mostly I've decided on some things that I intend to do and do successfully. Here is a list of things I want to do:

1. Finish my Book entitled "Kipleyarren"- a fiction novel, the first of a set of 7 I have in mind. So far I've completed 16 chapters.

2. I'm going to sing again. My voice has a natural affinity for a country sound, but I love rock music- its passionate, emotional, and can make you cry or feel completely mellow. Hence, I'm going to form a band and learn to sing in front of people the songs that I put together in my head and have occasionally written down. I'm going to learn to bend my vocals to the sound of rock...

3. Habitat is going to benefit tremendously from all my efforts, every last one of them. If anything I do produces sums more than 100k, Habitat for Humanity of Whitley County will be one of the first to know.

4. I'm going to paint again and finish a couple that I've started and quit because of the emotional roller coaster ride that is my life.

5. I'm not settling for anything less than my best. From the TV production that I've started for Habitat to my visions of great art and music- everything will be done with the same passion I have bottled up inside of me and the same attention to detail.

6. I intend for my efforts to have a great and lasting impact on those around me. I want to be a catalyst for change- the kind that puts smiles back on broken faces, the kind that shows what the human spirit is truly capable of.

And for those Taking Things... Shame on you for making the world a worse place.

A little side note here that ought to make the public rightfully angry (considering the impact 3 million could have had on this community):

"Parkview Hospital's Top people can go stick it where the sun doesn't shine." after talking with more than 40 people in this area alone, I've discovered that I am not the only whose monthly payment is not good enough for them. Yep that's right people. You now have no rights, just because you may pay them $100 or more a month towards your bill, doesn't mean they won't send you to a collection agency. Oh... and in case you were wondering- the 3million they spent on a ballpark wasn't good enough to use to help pay down or write off some medical bills for the average joe. here's some advice to Parkview "Don't ask for a contribution (I got a donation appeal letter in the mail from them, 2 days after recieving the call from the collector of whom they turned my account over to) from the people whose money isn't good enough for you." Oh, and by the way, for those of you who didn't know, the collectors get half of the proceeds of each account they collect. Wouldn't it have made more sense to write off that same amount for the people who can't afford the bill in the first place, I mean if you're already willing to lose out on some profits (imagine that, a non-profit looking to make profit)- why not pass it the right way instead of the wrong way???? It looks to me like a legal issue is waiting to happen, people aren't going to sit around knowing your taking advantage of others. Ever hear of the saying "Don't bite the hand that feeds?" Maybe you guys should have taken that to heart.

Make the world better. Change lives. Yeah, too bad people higher up in the food chain don't view the world this way.

2 comments:

crimsonwhiskey said...

Kudos to you for making goals & setting urself to them. We've had planty of discussions on the pro/cons of being a planner vs being a floater. Being a floater, I will stand beside u as much as possible :) that means I'll be here, always.

crimsonwhiskey said...

I've got 2 stop commenting while I'm driving; I make 2 many typo's :) ooopsie!